looking for separate flow and temperature control

Users who are viewing this thread

Rburn99

Reaction score
I have a shower faucet with a single knob. This of course requires almost full flow to hit the desired temperature. What I would like is to be able to get the desired temp while having the flow a lot less.. like you can with separate hot/cold handles. I was looking at a Delta faucet with two handles on it to control flow and temp separately. It takes a R1000-UNBX valve. Someone just told me that this won't give me what I want and all it does is allow you to have a preset temp once you turn the flow up. Ideally I would like to be able to set the temp whether the flow is a trickle or full force. Is this doable?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The large handle controls the flow and the small knob controls the temperature. They are INDEPENDENT so you can adjust either one whenever you want to.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That rough-in will support three different trim types:
- single handle
- two handle, volume, mix
- two handle, volume, temperature

If you go with a thermostatically controlled set, summer/winter, you can set your desired temperature and just turn the volume on. If you go with the middle selection, because the cold, and the hot as your tank starts to cool off will vary, you will have to adjust the temperature setting much more often.

Delta sells the control cartridge and trim separately from the rough-in valve, so you have maximum flexibility. The big box stores tend to package all this together, but the supply houses generally stock them as separate pieces.

Many of the other companies have a similar setup, but again, you may need to buy from a supply house to get the maximum number of choices.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks