Looking for opinions on this softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Reader90

Reaction score
@Jeff Smith, I am also in Vegas. Know the company you are talking about. Total overkill for our municipal water.

I have 3 systems here in Vegas at 3 different residences. I use Fleck 5810 series valves on one, and Clack valves on the other.

All systems use 10% Cross linked resin, and all have a carbon filter in front of the softener.

None of the dealers in Vegas like the Fleck valves, they like Clack. Only reason I could figure out is some problem with a batch or revision of Fleck valves 6 ot 8 years ago that had some kind of flaw that caused dealers having to send techs back out to fix them. I heard similar stories from dealers more than once.

Anyway, I am happy with all my systems. I tend to like the Fleck systems better as the programming logic makes more sense to me. But the Clack systems are just fine. Not that I program these frequently.....

I ended up buying all of my systems through a distributor and found a licensed plumber to perform install, with my supervision a d my design of piping/routing of the plumbing. My water is awesome!!!

Good luck!!