Looking for opinions on this softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Reader90

Reaction score
@Jeff Smith, I am also in Vegas. Know the company you are talking about. Total overkill for our municipal water.

I have 3 systems here in Vegas at 3 different residences. I use Fleck 5810 series valves on one, and Clack valves on the other.

All systems use 10% Cross linked resin, and all have a carbon filter in front of the softener.

None of the dealers in Vegas like the Fleck valves, they like Clack. Only reason I could figure out is some problem with a batch or revision of Fleck valves 6 ot 8 years ago that had some kind of flaw that caused dealers having to send techs back out to fix them. I heard similar stories from dealers more than once.

Anyway, I am happy with all my systems. I tend to like the Fleck systems better as the programming logic makes more sense to me. But the Clack systems are just fine. Not that I program these frequently.....

I ended up buying all of my systems through a distributor and found a licensed plumber to perform install, with my supervision a d my design of piping/routing of the plumbing. My water is awesome!!!

Good luck!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks