Looking for a 90° 1/4" male to 1/4" female compression adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Jakora

Reaction score
I am looking for the same solution but have not found any 90 degree compression fittings either. Can any professional plumber explain why this is the case? It seems like such a useful and practical product since everyone of us has to push our refrigerator towards the wall and an angle fitting would give us more room. Why does such a product not exist? I've seen angle fittings for dishwashers but not for refrigerators

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score

Andrew Laginess

Reaction score
If anybody else stumbles across this thread looking for a solution, the part suggested earlier from plumbingsupply did the trick for me. It provides a 90 degree bend right from the ice maker water line that uses a 1/4" compression fitting. Unfortunately you can't exactly choose where it will be angled after you screw it on tight; in the image attached you can tell I had to loop the line back around to the other side--but hey, at least it's not sticking straight out of the wall now. It works great, no leaks or anything. $14 is a bit more than I wanted to pay to solve this issue (part is about $4.50, then $9 for shipping), but I'm happy I can push my fridge back all the way without worrying about damaging that connection! Hope this helps somebody.

From this page, with the part name listed below: https://www.plumbingsupply.com/compression-fittings.html
SPECIAL Female Compression x Male Compression 90° Elbow
Just take off the washer that comes on the male side and you'll be good to go.

20211030_192528.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
Did anyone check ace hardware, a farm store, appliance parts or a plumbing supply? 1/8" npt brass ell and a 1 /8" pipe thread x 1/4" compression fitting or push to connect.
When looking for a odd fitting or fastener where these stores have and nut and bolt isle there are pull out drawers that have all sorts of things usually on top of the bins full of standard bolts.

Last edited:

OscarJ

Reaction score
I’ve found the answer to this problem! It’s a special 1/4” female compression x 1/4” male compression elbow. Sold by PlumbingSupply.com
#05-57L-4-4
Link:
Guaranteed fit, l’m using it for my icemaker connection!
Hope this helps someone…

8788BFA5-1328-4BF3-A9AE-61E884216F36.jpeg
4E77F72F-DF98-4B54-92A1-E7C77E2F3314.jpeg

Frank B

Reaction score
Would this work? I am a plumbing novice, so don't beat me up too badly...
FS6500-2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks