Leaking shower behind wall. Curb too low? Pics

Users who are viewing this thread

JStyles

Reaction score
I haven't given up, but we've used a different shower for the past few weeks until I got around to this. I packed under the curb with hydraulic cement this will probably block the flow, but I discovered the root issue. 1) I suspect the preslope is inadequate 2) I'll post a photo, this area mind you is far from shower spay, so I suspect it's really just that it's a low point. This idiot notched the shower liner, to accommodate for the error he made in building out the wall. It's not easy to see, but the longe is about an inch or so above time floor except right here (you can kinda see the cut edge on the right). This whole see was covered with a piece of trim.

I haven't used the shower in weeks and I can feel the mud is moist (don't know if that's normal but I'll guess no)

I take it you guys don't like patch jobs, but I need your advice. I'm having a major renovation (addition) done in several months. We'll be out of the house for it likely in June. I need to just make this work for a few months and I'll have my builder give me a completely new shower, I'm tired of looking at crooked tiles anyhow. Suggestion on filing this so I can use the shower for a few months until we're out of the house? More hydraulic cement? Fill it up with silicone?

JStyles

Reaction score
IMG_20190120_142432.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks