Leaking Refrigerant, My problem or dealers?

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumbBobSquarePants

Reaction score
The leak appears to be in the line between the outside unit and the inside unit. When the dealer installed the new A/C unit they did not replace the line from the outside unit to the inside unit, they reused the old one.

Should they have replaced the line? Is it standard to reuse the old one?

Can the old R-22 line handle the higher pressure 410A refrigerant?

My old system never leaked.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Don't know, somebody will. What I do know is that some of the refrigerants can be used with coils that are contaminated with older stuff and some can't. Normally, the coil is a little different and your efficiency may not be up to where you expect it if the compressor, refrigerant, and coil are matched up.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Depends on what the contract read and where the leak is. If the leak is where the new unit was braised to the old line then they pay. If the leak is just somewhere in the middle and the contract said they would use the old line you pay.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks