Lav drain with no overflow holes

Users who are viewing this thread

coolerkid9090

Reaction score
I bought a few sinks that have no overflow holes. But I bought faucets that have drains with overflow holes and installed them all without realizing. Most of the sinks are fine, but one is leaking at the drain. I'd rather not use the popup clicker type because I already have faucets installed with the drain rod built in. The no-overflow popup ones with the rod are like $70-100 though!

1) What lower cost options do I have for no-overflow drains that aren't the click type?

2) Is it possible to seal off the overflow hole on the existing drains? Or is there a replacement for just that piece that doesn't have an overflow hole?

3) If I had to use the clicker types or the ones with a grate, what do I do with the rod on the faucet?

4) Do I need to replace all the drains that aren't leaking with drains that don't have overflow holes? Will those leak in time, or if they are fine now will they be fine later?

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks