Laundry tub/washer sanitary tee question

Users who are viewing this thread

nittanylion74

Reaction score
I'm at a loss, created an account because I can't find the answer I need (which is very surprising). I have 2 options to connect a washer standpipe and laundry tub.

Option #1 (stacking tees) in the picture below I believe is correct, but puts my laundry tub rough in at 20". Option #2 (double tee) will give me the height I need, but I'm pretty sure is bad practice at least and against code at worst. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm installing a wall mount laundry tub, could I get away with a 20" rough in?

If it's unclear, below the fitting in the photo is a 45, 2 inch pvc and another 45 into 3 inch cast iron hub donut. So there's no wiggle room there.

Attachments

• 20170113_181427.jpg
    20170113_181427.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 20170113_181333.jpg
    20170113_181333.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 460

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In most codes laundry sinks can't wet vent over a washer, they need their own vent.
This one is installed with a washer box that has hammer arrestors. The revent is six inches above the highest flood level.

washer_rough_b.jpg

You can also use a double fixture cross, not a double sancross.

nittanylion74

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm confused on the difference between the double sani-t and the double fixture cross. Idk of I've ever seen one. Will that prevent washer/laundry tub crossover at the t?

Venting the sink separately won't be an issue, thanks for the advice.

laundry-tray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks