Laundry Room Remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

MALLENC

Reaction score
Hi.
I am remodeling a basement laundry room. Current configuration: 2" line comes down from the kitchen and into the waste stack leading into the basement floor. Because of this I assume this line is vented closer to the kitchen sink. Second a laundry tub with p-trap that also connects to the waste line. Between the p-trap and tap into the waste line is a branch to a vent line 2" that eventually leads up to the roof.

I will be framing the room. What I would like to add is a washing machine connection box with an opening for the washing machine waste tube.

I understand that the laundry tub and washing machine connection box would need to be vented, but what do I do with the 2" line from the kitchen? Do I need to vent this as well?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The upstairs kitchen has it's own vent through the roof.
The downstairs laundry tub, which connects to the kitchen waste has it's own vent that goes up to the roof.
Adding a washer to the 2" line that the laundry tub is fine if both are vented. The two vents can tie together at 42" above the floor.

MALLENC

Reaction score
Ok. Got it. My situation is that I have 3 lines. A kitchen line vented near that fixture, a laundry tub, and I want to add washing machine box with an drain. Can I arrange it like this:
1. 2" DWV connected to 3" main waste in the floor and leading up into the wall and to roof.
2. 2" kitchen waste line connected to DWV stack, closest to the floor
3. 2" washing machine discharge (p-trap, to short horizontal, to U with top connect to DWV stack at the 42" mark, and the bottom connect to the DWV stack above the kitchen waste connection
4. 1.5" laundry tub (p-trap then connection to DWV stack above wash machine discharge connection

Many thanks.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I have trouble deciphering your written description, but I will say that if any stack is a drain for fixtures above, it then cannot be used as a vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks