Large capacity well (100gpm) and home use

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan Lee

Reaction score
I will be putting a irrigation well in for my farm this coming spring. I'm hoping to achieve a flow rate of 100 GPM. We would also like to use this well for a future home.

Can I use a CSV on the well for the mixed flow rates of my irrigation zones and then put a larger pressure tank in with a check valve for residence?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
We do this all the time. I have even done this with a pump as large as 75HP and a 1000 GPM. You really don't need a very large tank for the house use either. An 86 gallon size pressure tank is all you need when using one of our CSV3B2T valves. It will work fine and hold the same constant pressure when you are using between 5 GPM and 100 GPM. The pressure tank is really only for those demands that are less than 5 GPM.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks