Kohler Wellworth bowl replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

homejoe3000

Reaction score
I have a Kohler Wellworth toilet bought in 2018 in Canada. I need to replace the bowl only. I can't find a model number on the bowl but I did find the UPC-type code on the underside. Customer service said the bowl is K-4197-0 (white). It's round format. My tank is K4436 (also white), 1.28gpf.

Will any Wellworth bowl (either round or elongated) work with my tank or only the exact same model (round K-4197)?

Peterson

Reaction score
It depends on how many tank bolts your tank has. If it has three bolts, then yes, the bowls should be interchangeable. It might be cheaper to buy the entire toilet sold in an "all in one" box at one of the home improvement stores?

Kohler did make the Wellworth with two bolts that connected through some steel bracket underneath the tank. I don't believe they use that method anymore. If your tank has that bracket, you will want to replace the entire toilet.

homejoe3000

Reaction score
Thanks- it's a 3-bolt connection between tank and bowl. So any new Wellworth 3-bolt bowl (round or elongated, standard or comfort height, 1.28 or 1.6gpf) will work /flush properly ?

I compared prices and bowl-only is $200 less than an entire Wellworth toilet - the reason I'd prefer to replace the bowl only, if possible.

Peterson

Reaction score
Yes, if both the bowl and the tanks had a 3 bolt connection, they should all be interchangeable. Where are you looking at for prices? That price seems exorbitantly expensive. Home Depot in my area has the complete unit (tank and bowl) for $180.00, however I'm in the United States. Maybe order online through Amazon?

homejoe3000

Reaction score
Thanks. After a lot of research, it seems most of the current Wellworth tanks use the Pressure-Lite flush design - which apparently are not compatible with my 2018 Wellworth Classic bowl.

In this part of Canada, it's the newer Pressure Lite tanks that can be found for around $150 - but the older Classic tank I need is about double that for tank only. So...better to buy an entire new toilet, which I did.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks