Kohler shower handle replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

gdw

Reaction score
I am working on a Kohler shower valve which uses a GP77759 replacement mixer(?). When I tried to remove the long screws that hold the escutcheon to the valve they both sheared off at the stainless plate that holds the mixer part to the valve. I cannot grab them with anything to try to work them out of the threads.

The shorter screws that are at 3 & 5 o'clock came out fine. the mixer does not even seem to wiggle when I pry on it GENTLY.

My question: do those long screws also thread into anything on the valve body itself? Do I keep trying to get something behind the plate and get more vigorous? If I drill out the screws, what kind of mess will I cause behind the mixer?

BTW, I am working in a hotel which was (kindness here) not properly laid out. Five story building with a shut off for the incoming water. No shut off for each floor much less each room!

I appreciate any ideas.

Greg

gp77759.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks