Kohler K-7169-AF tub drain needs stopper

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yesterday my customer asked about the missing tub stopper in her tub that she had misplaced.

kohelr-drain-needs-stopper.jpg

Does anybody have an idea of what parts we need for this?

I also drained the water heater and then flushed out the tank.

kohelr-drain-needs-stopper-2.jpg

It did finally run pretty clear.
12 year old Bradford White 75 gallon NG tank.

GoVikes22

Reaction score
Marlinman,
Thanks for finding that for us. I will send this to her so that she can order a new. :)
This Kohler bath drain is a pain and a poor design in my opinion. I've had nothing but troubles with it, so going to remove it and replace with a simple push-down drain stopper. Sometimes things can be over-engineered...

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
This Kohler bath drain is a pain and a poor design in my opinion. I've had nothing but troubles with it, so going to remove it and replace with a simple push-down drain stopper. Sometimes things can be over-engineered...
Agree, especially the long thin overflow type with PVC backing the K-7272-CP.

The trim flange comes with a single screw for bottom, two for top, six inches wide, as you tighten the lower screw you can see the lower outside edges not pulling into the gasket at the bottom where water WILL leak, so you wind up having to caulk it.....even when you pipe it so the flange is tight to the tub.

Kohler engineers prioritize aesthetics over function, it's idiotic these thin plastic overflows don't have two screws on the lower side of the flange.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have the Tea for Two on the shelf.. and the 7272 is a nightmare. We caulk the shit out of those ones now as the backside of the tub isn't flat enough to use a rubber seal and especially not that huge one.. resealing one from the tub side is such a PITA!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks