Kohler K-850 and outrageous drain assembly price

Users who are viewing this thread

Bschooly

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase the Kohler K-850:

tea-for-two.jpg

Apparently their Clearflo Pop Up Drain assembly is required.:

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/clearflo-1-1-2-adjustable-pop-up-drain/productDetail/drains/419728.htm

k-7169-clearflo.jpg

Fair enough except that puppy has a manufacturer price of $485!!!

I'm wondering if all of that is really required. The tub side cover is unique and definitely required (or maybe not, will another fixture work?) butt can I get away with off the shelf parts for the rest?

I just checked and it looks like 1/2 the price is just for the Drain handle Assembly (the chrome rectangular piece).

Anyway, I think I'm going to need A Watco kit as the drain alignment is off by 1.5-2 inches.

This is going to be a under mount setup with a faucet and controls on the drain end (through the surrond) and a separate control and show head on the opposite side wall.

I welcome your advise and help.

-b

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Every bathtub drain assembly should have some sort of access method. If it contains slip-joints, as the
one you reference does, access is required by most plumbing codes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks