Kitchen Sink Plumbing Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

ravens

Reaction score
We have a contractor that bailed hallway through a project and I’m trying to figure out our plumbing situation under the kitchen sink. There are three lines that have been stubbed. I’m relatively clueless with plumbing but know that I need a hot and a cold but I’m not sure what the third line is for? How do I figure this out? I have attached two earlier pics- one after demo that shows the three lines before the lines on the right were cut below the valves. I think one of the lines feeds an outside hose bib? I also have a relatively dark pic of under the sink before the lines were cut. It looks like the line on the left comes up and then is tee’d to the left. It appears it has a blue shut off valve. How can I figure out where this line was heading?

Attachments

• IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3371.JPG
    IMG_3371.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 168

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Looks like it is the feed for the refrigerator. Open the valve at the refrigerator location if there is one, No water, then slightly open the valve at the sink.

ravens

Reaction score
There was no waterline to the refrigerator. I think there was some sort of shutoff for the outside hose bib? Also, forgot to mention, all three lines have been cut down below the valves and capped with shark bites.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
ravens-02.jpg

I would think that the left side would be hot, with a branch for the dishwasher to the left.

ravens-01.jpg

To the right I see something coming out of the slab. What is this?

Does your hosebib work now? That line on the right at the kitchen could be going over for an ice maker or for a hosebib.

How deep is the new sink?
For a 10" deep sink I like the drain at the wall to be 16" or lower. I used to rough those at 19" when we were installing 7" deep sinks.

sink_dw.jpg

ravens

Reaction score
Thanks Terry Love. The thing on the right is the electrical hookup for the range. There was no ice maker so I think you are right that the line on the right is feeding the hose bib.

The red valve handle threw me off as I would expect that to indicate hot? Also the line on the left appears to have a blue valve handle which I would expect to be cold. But your explanation would make the most sense: The left is hot feeding the dishwasher and up to the sink and the the other two are cold. The middle line would feed the sink and the one on the right goes down and out to the hose bib.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks