Kitchen sink drain pipe issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Alexandria Farmer

Reaction score
Converting to a single drain sink. But now the garbage disposal doesn’t fit. Recommendations? I don’t want to move entire drain pip. Should I add an attachment that would curve the drain pipes left?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Any Pics? Assuming that the wall drain is directly behind the disposal, placing a 45 degree elbow at the wall can be used. Just try not to use any flex pipe.

Alexandria Farmer

Reaction score
Here’s pic, need to move double wye since directly in the way of drain

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 142

Reach4

Reaction score
Here’s pic, need to move double wye since directly in the way of drain
Not at all what I had pictured.

How about a photo from about 12 inches above the hole in the bottom of the sink, looking straight down.

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cut the base of the double wye. Use an 1 1/2" socket saver bit to drill the pipe out of the fitting in the wall. Rebuild as necessary from there.

Alexandria Farmer

Reaction score
Sometimes we add a 45 from the wall if needed.

Bout to head to store to get a 45, when I hold up part of the old piece that was a 45 it looks like it might not be sharp enough. I was going to get both a 90 and 45 and see which will be best.

Is a 90 not recommended?

Alexandria Farmer

Reaction score
Any Pics? Assuming that the wall drain is directly behind the disposal, placing a 45 degree elbow at the wall can be used. Just try not to use any flex pipe.
Bout to head to store to get a 45, when I hold up part of the old piece that was a 45 it looks like it might not be sharp enough. I was going to get both a 90 and 45 and see which will be best.

Is a 90 not recommended?

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should never need a 90 under a sink like that. If you're putting a tubular "bag" trap with the compression fittings in there, you've got plenty of play to make any other adjustments to make it all fit.

Eyeball it once you have all the parts to make sure it'll work, but you should be good.

Reach4

Reaction score
What is this dimension? If it is not more than 6 inches to the top of the PVC, it needs some more thought and careful measurements. If less than 5-1/4, it might require entering the wall

Attachments

• img_4.jpg
    img_4.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 522

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
This is what you need to do. This is my kitchen sink with the sink drain in the center. When I had the kitchen remodeled, I did all the plumbing so it was easy with an open wall. Previously, I had the same setup as your situation.

4A551ABD-BFF5-45F6-937C-A098457044AE_1_105_c.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks