kitchen faucet suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Eudmin

Reaction score
kitchen faucet suggestion?

I'm looking to get rid of the old faucet with side-spray that's in my kitchen and replace it with one that has a pullout faucet. We do occasionally use the side-spray to rinse dishes after washing them, but I never liked how you had to have the water running to get the sprayer to work. Same thing with a pull-out faucet, you have to turn the water on and off back at the lever and keep adjusting the cold/hot mix as a result, instead of doing it on the spray end.

Is there a pullout faucet that has an on-off flow switch out at the spray end in addition to a spray/stream selector? That way I'd just set the temperature and pressure back at the lever, shut the flow off at the spray end, and be ready to spray rinse each dish as I wash it. I've tried searching for such a faucet on plumbing sites, but I suspect I don't know the right terms or something to look for it...

I bet an $800 Hansgrohe spring sprayer thing would work, but that's out of my price range. Was hoping for something in the $200 range.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is there a pullout faucet that has an on-off flow switch out at the spray end in addition to a spray/stream selector? That way I'd just set the temperature and pressure back at the lever, shut the flow off at the spray end, and be ready to spray rinse each dish as I wash it. I've tried searching for such a faucet on plumbing sites, but I suspect I don't know the right terms or something to look for it...

No,
The reason is:
If you leave the valve open and shut off at the end, the hot crosses over into the cold side.
This has never been a legal way of doing it.

Eudmin

Reaction score
Ah, I see. That explains what's happening on my shower when I use the little button valve on the showerhead to shut it off while soaping up. When I turn it back on it's hot as heck.

How do commercial kitchen sprayers do it, then? Do they have some kind of built-in backflow preventers? I work at in one every Friday morning and the rinse area has one of those huge sprayers with two faucet valves to adjust the mix and a squeeze paddle type thing to turn on the spray.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks