Kingston Brass shower faucet - hot water adjustment problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Tony Boyette

Reaction score
I've installed a Kingston Brass KB36310PX for my shower. Turning the handle to the hot position produced no hot water. The bathroom sink next to the shower sharing the same hot water line does have hot water. I followed the steps in the manual to adjust the upper limit for hot water by moving the ring but it only goes so far before running into a green tab. That still didn't produce hot water, so I removed the ring completely to test if I could get hot water at any position. That allowed hot water to flow, but this is not a safe option.

Picture added to show the scald prevention ring (arrow) and the green stop tab (rectangle).

Has anyone else dealt with this issue on the brand/model? If so, do you have any suggestions to remedy the issue or a better workaround than removing the ring completely?

Thanks

kb36300-parts.jpg

Attachments

• KB1.png
    KB1.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 318
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Using pliers, pull the outer ring on the portion of the cartridge, rotate a few degrees clockwise and reinsert, test by inserting the handle and turning the valve. If you would like to lower the top temperature even more, perform the same technique again you are satisfied. And then replace the handle.

kingston-brass-kb3635v.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks