Kinetico Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Epistemology

Reaction score
I have a 2060 dual tank kinetico system made in 2008. I'm trying to see if the unit is operating correctly as it appears my post-softened water seems a bit salty than normal. I broke down the control head today, save the gear assemblies on the very top of the unit. After inspection and cleaning everything seemed to be normal in that all the seals and gaskets seemed good and there was minimal to no visible wear on the components. Onto my questions:

First, I read on the forums here that bad resin can lead to salty water, can anyone second that information?

Secondly, during the stage that the Kinetico is pulling the brine from the tank, is that process supposed happen all at once or incrementally? I only ask because it seems like the system is vigorously pulling the brine for roughly 1-2 seconds then it stops. Though the unit continues to make noise as if water is moving through the system, I no longer see the brine level drop. It will however start pulling the brine at least a couple more times before the backwash cycle begins. So, does this operation sound normal for this system?

Thanks for your help!
-Scott

Mooch91

Reaction score
Scott-

Some of my experience with the same unit:

Mine would not draw brine and would not backflow, primarily when regenerating one of the two resin tanks. I broke it apart 6 times, cleaned every orifice and passage, and couldn't get it fixed. Everything looked pristine, including every o-ring. Finally had to break down and call in the experts.

Took the tech a few tries, but after replacing a number of the O-rings, it worked. We narrowed down the problem to one of the drain valves; as he was disassembling and reassembling, the problem moved from one tank to the other. He actually moved the 'bad' valve from one tank to another when taking it apart. Replaced about half a dozen of the concave orings within overall. Moral of the story: just because all looks good, there might be some wear to the soft parts within.

To your specific question: mine seems to draw brine when part-way through the brine cycle. It doesn't seem to draw it immediately. Once it starts drawing, it seems to continue until tbe backwash begins.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks