Jet Tub wireing

Users who are viewing this thread

Diamondintheruff

Reaction score
Hello
redoing my bathroom and came across the pump for my jet tub .... my question is the ground on the outside of the unit is not attached to any thing did a little reasearch and found this page... https://terrylove.com/jet.htm
about half way down it says that that should be attached to "proper equiment grounding condutor" can some one help me out so i understand what that means? i do know the inside ground is hook up as i opened the cover to check.:confused:

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
Well whatever instructions those are they are wrong.
The external lug is NOT for grounding, it is for bonding.

The bond required in NEC 680.74 is attached there.

This is from the 2005 NEC:
680.74 Bonding
All metal piping systems and all grounded metal parts in contact with the circulating water shall be bonded together using a copper bonding jumper, insulated, covered, or bare, not smaller than 8 AWG solid.

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
The lug on the motor is for bonding to such items as water pipes or other metal used in the installation of the tub.

The equipment grounding conductor is supplied with the branch circuit and does not need to land on this lug

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks