Island Vent Install-with little clearance in floor below

Users who are viewing this thread

Lukewalker64

Reaction score
Thanks, here's a reconfigured version. This version has the vent vertical (45) until it goes up into the loop, and the foot comes off the vertical.

I ordered a street wye and a street 60 elbow to reduce the overall height. It's a tight fit, but this looks like it'll exactly get 1/4"/foot drop on both the foot vent and the drain runs, and that's before the extra height savings when actually gluing v. dry fitting.

markedup loop vent drain 3.png

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
it will work , Id have to break down the details of whether the 2 inch wye can be rolled on a 45 rather than true verticle but it probebly is fine if inspection is coming I might look over code a bit more but looks like you nailed it!

Lukewalker64

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the guidance Wayne and Jeff. I got this glued up and in the floor over the weekend. Still need to get the foot vent line in place, but I'll post a pic once that's done.

j-flux

Reaction score
Sorry for potentially hijacking this thread, but working on a similar setup and had a question about the foot vent: Since a foot vent is technically below the flood rim level of the sink fixture, is a horizontal change in the direction of the foot vent prohibited by code (UPC in this case)?