Is this plumbing to code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Titus Leo

Reaction score
titus-leo.jpg

We did some replumbing while adding a new basement bathroom. He noticed that there was "toilet debris" flowing backwards where the check valve is. So he modified the plumbing a little bit so that water from the kitchen helps wash it away (the basement bathroom is still underway and will be sparsely used).

Does the whole layout seem sound to the experts here? The main issue I see is that the two bathrooms upstairs are dumping waste into a T joint instead of "Y" so the waste is splattering in both direction. However I don't know if this is to code or not. Any opinions/suggestions?

Note: The work is being done without permit and while I understand that is not a good idea, I do not want this discussion to bash me on this :)

Thanks.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XVQfqHB8DXnChUyDA

Last edited by a moderator:

Titus Leo

Reaction score
Thanks. So this would fail inspection? He is about to concrete it all up next week. Is this easily fixable by him or its a huge undertaking? I am almost ready to pay him extra to do what is needed to fix this.

Attachments

• Basement plumbing.jpg
    Basement plumbing.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 175

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County
Bert is an inspector in Oregon and knows his stuff. Lot's of pictures and explanations there.
The toilet should be vented before it enters the other plumbing. Running the kitchen sink into it is not the answer.
I can't see the rest of the plumbing, but the washer should have a vent within five feet of the trap.
There should be wyes or combos where those santees are. Some inspectors don't care, but in Oregon they will.

Last edited:

Titus Leo

Reaction score
The basement bath has an auto-vent installed. Is that not acceptable. The drain for the washer is temporary, the laundry will be moved to a different location soon.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks