Is this plumbing to code?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Titus Leo, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Titus Leo

Titus Leo New Member

titus-leo.jpg

We did some replumbing while adding a new basement bathroom. He noticed that there was "toilet debris" flowing backwards where the check valve is. So he modified the plumbing a little bit so that water from the kitchen helps wash it away (the basement bathroom is still underway and will be sparsely used).

Does the whole layout seem sound to the experts here? The main issue I see is that the two bathrooms upstairs are dumping waste into a T joint instead of "Y" so the waste is splattering in both direction. However I don't know if this is to code or not. Any opinions/suggestions?

Note: The work is being done without permit and while I understand that is not a good idea, I do not want this discussion to bash me on this :)

Thanks.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XVQfqHB8DXnChUyDA

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2018
  2. Titus Leo

Titus Leo New Member

Thanks. So this would fail inspection? He is about to concrete it all up next week. Is this easily fixable by him or its a huge undertaking? I am almost ready to pay him extra to do what is needed to fix this.

Attached Files:

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Attached Files:

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Here is a nice link to Bert Polk's plumbing tips
    Bert is an inspector in Oregon and knows his stuff. Lot's of pictures and explanations there.
    The toilet should be vented before it enters the other plumbing. Running the kitchen sink into it is not the answer.
    I can't see the rest of the plumbing, but the washer should have a vent within five feet of the trap.
    There should be wyes or combos where those santees are. Some inspectors don't care, but in Oregon they will.

5. fullysprinklered

fullysprinklered In the Trades

self-employed plumber-electrician doing residentia
    The plumbing would pass inspection with flying colors.

In Kenya.

You need a plumber.

6. Titus Leo

Titus Leo New Member

The basement bath has an auto-vent installed. Is that not acceptable. The drain for the washer is temporary, the laundry will be moved to a different location soon.