• Yes - "The blade is on correct, bravo"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Whats%2Bwrong%2Bwith%2Bthis%2Bblade%3F.jpg

The grinder is a Dewalt. The directional arrow is shown on the top by the half arrow. The spin is clockwise. The guard has been removed for your viewing pleasure and because I think they get in the way.

So - is the blade on the right way or the wrong way? Please vote.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "directional arrow" is on the TOOL, not the blade, so how would we know? Look at the label on the blade and see which way ITS arrow is pointing. The "smart way" to install the blade is make sure BOTH arrows are pointing in the same direction, then you don't have to ask us about it.

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
I agree with what the others have said. I think it was installed correctly and used, and flipped for the picture to trick us.

That John, he's a tricky guy. Mr tricky man.

Reach4

Reaction score
I was thinking it was tricky because the blade is not directional.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, some blades are directional, some aren't. SOmetimes, you just cannot tell without looking for the marking on the blade, and that is not visible in the picture. If you need to remove it, then reinstall, sometimes you'll tear more diamonds out if it isn't installed the same way...the diamonds are hard, but the method used to hold them in place isn't anywhere near as hard or strong.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
HJ. No sticker on the blade. It's gone. The arrow on my tool is easy to spot. Can you not see it?

LLigetfa. It is not a trick question but something most tile men should understand how to check.

RSCB. The blade has not been stepped on and is well balanced.

Vegas. I did no tricks, no photo shop. You guessed wrong. I did have the blade on backwards. I was showing you guys a simple mistake a simple way of checking your blades. Noticed it in the sun when I was having a coffee break.

Reach. The blade is directional, I have never seen one that is not.

You can tell easy which way a blade should be installed. The diamonds create little Comet like groves on all diamond blades. A comet has a tail. A trailing edge. The diamond should cut first and the trail or tail should follow.

comet_2760407b.jpg

I have bought blades that have been miss labelled. I always install my blades like the photo above.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks