Is there a Toto Ultramax with the 'flat' sides? Dual flush? Or good alternatives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ameli0rate

Reaction score
I have my eyes set on this one: "Toto Ultramax Elongated One Piece Toilet MS854114EG#01" as it seems to fulfill my requirements, but does a version of it exist with the flat sides to make it easier to clean? Do they have a dual-flush option?

If not, my ideas for toilets are;

1, One-piece to have one less gasket to (possibly) fail. This goes to my idea that if I pass away, my GF should have few/no issues with any house items. Buy-it-for-life sort of thinking.

2, 1.28 gpf as it seems less than that doesn't clean the bowl as well.

3, Non-ADA compliant. I think the ADA ones are too tall.

I also like the CeFiONTECT and whatever glaze to make it easier to keep clean and slow close seats.
Dual-flush would be nice too, but not an absolute requirement.

The price of the MS854114EG is also quite pleasant compared to the thousand dollar fancy stuff out there. We're eventually replacing the other two toilets in the house as well, so price does matter a bit here.

ms854_sg_wallpaper.jpg

Maybe that places other brands/models in the running too?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto does make more than a few skirted toilets. I have two, one Vespin (2-piece) and one Carlyle (1-piece). Their Aquia series is a dual-flush version. If you want to get really fancy, their Neorest series has all sorts of neat features (at a price!), like odor air filtration systems, a seat that automatically opens/closes, built-in bidet, heated seat, etc.

Ameli0rate

Reaction score
I don't know where that image came from in my post above. I don't recall putting it there.

Anyway, Jim, thanks a bunch. It looks to me that the skirted (that's the word, thanks!) toilets are just not worth the price. The Carlyle and Aquia toilets, never mind the Neorest ones, are crazy expensive and I doubt I could ever get that past The Boss.

I'd rather have three unskirted Ultramax's. :D Thanks for pointing out the ones that fit my criteria. It can't be just the skirting that makes them that much more expensive, can it? Or is the process that much more difficult?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you're going by the list prices, don't be too scared away until you price them. You can check Terry's storefront for what you should be able to find them for locally (he doesn't ship out of his territory...toilets tend to be broken when shipped individually. That's pretty reliable when shipped in bulk on a pallet, but not just in a box to an individual.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks