Is a TT-30R - L14-30 generator to Transfer switch adaptor OK to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Retiredengineer2057

Reaction score
OK, I read a similar discussion but it doesn't exactly answer my question. I have a Black max 4500W generator with a TT-30R plug. I purchased a reliant transfer 6 circuit switch that has a L14-30 plug. That doesn't match. I purchased an adaptor plug that mates the two together. The 6 circuits I have identified to power contain NO 240V equipment. So with the correct wiring from the transfer panel there is zero chance of attempting to send power to a 240V need. Does anyone see any issues with this?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
So does your adaptor connect both L14-30R line conductors to the single TT-30P line conductor?

If so, seems like it will be OK, as long as you can unbond the neutral on your generator.

Cheers, Wayne

Dalton Bourne

Reaction score
The TS-30 Transfer Switch is part of our travel trailer project, which also involved the installation of a 3,000-watt inverter. With this switch, there is no momentary power loss when switching between primary and secondary or return power sources. It's pre-wired so all I had to do was plug everything in. The purpose of the ATS is to cut back to the "Grid" power in the event the inverter drains battery power and/or if the solar array creates an overvoltage condition that forces the inverter to shut down.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks