Is a Fleck 5810 a "drop in" replacement for a 7000sxt?

Users who are viewing this thread

txcentral

Reaction score
I have a system built around a 7000sxt that I have had a few problems with and am tired of messing around with. I think all of the problems had quite a bit to do with the household regulator going out and spiking our household pressure for too long a time, awhile ago. Anyway, I'm interested in just junking the thing and going with a 5810. start "fresh." will the 5810 (with their new bypass valve) mate up to the tank and distributor tube? I'm really not wanting to pull the whole tank down and trying to get a new tube down to the bottom etc.
If this is the case, I also need to find someone to take an order as well :)

Reach4

Reaction score
The distributor tube choices for the 5810 are
19 .. 61419-01 ............Kit, 1.315" Distributor Adapter (1 inch pvc )
20 .. 61419-02 ............Kit, 32mm Distributor Adapter
21 .. 61419 .................Kit, 1.05" Distributor Adapter (3/4 inch pvc)

I think your 7000 would use 1.05, but you should probably measure to be sure... unless we get assurance that the 1.05 was universal.

Height will be higher above the tank, and the bypass will stick out the back a lot more. Threads for the tank will be the same. Height of the distributor tube will be the same -- about flush with the top of the tank. Connections will be somewhat different. More choices on the 5810. Click Inbox, above.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The 7000 was done with 32mm by most of the higher end assemblers, the lower end guys used the smaller 1.05" so as to save $10. You would have to remove the valve and measure the riser to be sure. The 7000 was not available with the 1.32" riser. The 5810 can accommodate all three riser sizes.

txcentral

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've got a 1.05" but it doesn't hurt to actually check it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks