Iron Sulfite and what it can do to your pump system

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by PumpMd, Jun 2, 2016.

1. PumpMd

PumpMd Kevin

Water Well Pump Installer/Diesel Mechanic
    I thought people would like to see this. It was a Pro-Source all SS pump with pentek Motor from 09. 6-8yrs when it can plug your pump up.

Attached Files:

2. PumpMd

PumpMd Kevin

It's about a half mile run to the house and this stuff clogged his water treatment devices in 10yrs. He tried drilling around his house but kept getting dry holes so they drilled close to the river that I've talked about before on here.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I wonder what would happen if he injected chlorine at the pump. That would precipitate out iron, but could it be that that precipitate could wash through, rather than sticking to the PVC as the IRB appears to be doing?

5. PumpMd

PumpMd Kevin

Has anyone tried a pellet dropper on a case like this? I was wondering how much is in their 2" line running uphill to the house and how much money it would cost to blow the line out, if there is bad buildup in the line. Would've been nice if they had made future preparation to do so.

More pictures of the iron removal device before the softener. If their clock gets off, then it can pass though it if it goes to backwash, and they are using water during that time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  6. PumpMd

PumpMd Kevin

Raw Iron 7.0, (before softener) .5-1.0