Iron Boss and Water Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

mrt049

Reaction score
I have well water with a softening system and a separate tank called an Iron Boss. I don't know much about it but does anyone know if the Iron Boss should regenerate before or after the water softener? Also, how much time should I leave in between the end of the water softener finishing regeneration and the start of the iron boss? Thanks!!

Reach4

Reaction score
It probably does not matter, but I would tend to make the iron filter regenerate at 2 AM and the softener at 2:30 -- for example.

mrt049

Reaction score
It probably does not matter, but I would tend to make the iron filter regenerate at 2 AM and the softener at 2:30 -- for example.
Ok, For some reason the Iron Boss is set to regenerate after the softener. But I would probably set it to 2AM and 3AM as the Iron Boss takes about an hour to regenerate and I don't think I'm supposed to have both regenerating at the same time.

Reach4

Reaction score
I agree. I was incorrectly presuming that the Iron Boss backwashing iron filter would not take so long. My backwashing iron+softener filter takes about 20 minutes. So I have mine set to 2:30 and 3:00.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks