Installing Moen transfer valve Model 3372

Users who are viewing this thread

HalM

Reaction score
Hi,
Soon I will be installing a Moen 3-function transfer valve Model 3372 with 1/2 inch PEX connections. I noticed that this particular valve does not have separate mounting holes to attach it to the wall. What would be the best way to attach it firmly to wood blocking behind it? Possibly mounting straps wrapped around it?
Thanks for the help.

Hal

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could solder in some copper pipe stubs that would allow you to use some clamps to anchor it to the blocking, then convert to pex. Note, though, that because of the smaller ID of pex tubing versus copper, using pex if you want multiple shower heads to be run at the same time or some body sprays, may not provide the final result you desire. It has the potential to lower the overall pressure and volume versus copper. And many 1/2" valves are specified to provide a max of around 5gpm with copper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks