Installing 2 baths one above the other

Users who are viewing this thread

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm looking for a diagram on the way two bathrooms should be vented and plumbed in new contruction.
I'm trying to eliminate as many vents as possible going through the roof. Basically 3 piece bathrooms.
I'll also have a washer i'd like to vent into this. The sink is on the far side of the house, so I'll probably need
a separate vent for that. One other question, are the tees reversed on the upper vent side?

Reach4

Reaction score
See #2 on https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/plumbing-venting-system.61651/
Vent tees are placed reversed from drain tees.

You can combine vents in the attic.

Also see http://www.co.lincoln.or.us/sites/d..._-_helpful_hints_residential_construction.pdf

dwv_b2.jpg

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply and the diagram. I understand sinks are 1 1/4"/ 1 1/2", showers are 2" and I was going to keep everything from
the toilet bends down 4". How about going up? Does Terry have a color coded pipe sizes for this chart? Thanks.

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
The toilets can be 3" and 2" vent.
Lavs 1.5"
Shower is 2" and 1.5" vent
Tub is 2" with a 1.5" trap and vent.

I have the rightmost vent stack as 3" and top toilet vent 3" and well as lower toilet vent 3".
The waste below toilets 4".
And as you said the tub/shower 2"
and sinks 1 1/2" into the 3" stacks.

Sound reasonable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks