Install kitchen sink drain in old bedroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Old bedroom on slab floor. This room is next to a full bathroom. Wife wants to turn this bedroom into a kitchen. The original kitchen is upstairs and not sitting over this bedroom. What I figure is I need a plumber to come out and find if there is a drainpipe anywhere under this slab. Also wondering if they can hook one up to the bathroom which is the next room. Closest wall is the shower. Basically a plumber has to decide is there is a drain pipe anywhere usable. I have no idea on cost of finding this out. Also cost if possible to attach to the bathroom if thats the best way to go. I already know its a big job since its on a slab. Any ideas? Wife is set on this old bedroom turning into her new kitchen. Electrical and vents not so much a problem. Its the drain line for the water from the sink that has to go somewhere. Hot and cold can come from the shower through the wall. help??? :(:(:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek:

Reach4

Reaction score
Consider running most of the new drain pipes underground outdoors. Where does the sewer run? Running around the house to the front, and joining in the front lawn is not out of the question.

This is not to say that what you have in mind is not doable easier. But digging outside could minimize busting up slab.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks