Unfamiliar existing pipe configuration while converting to double bathroom sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
My wife and I are in the process of remodeling our bathroom and I recently opened the wall to start on the single to double sink conversion (after much research on this forum) and came across a pipe situation that I don't recognize:
unknownPipeConfigSmaller.jpg

I would guess the hot and cold water probably comes up from the slab through the larger diameter pipes closest to the drain (though maybe not considering the water hammer arrester on the hot side) and then tee off to go... somewhere else. Maybe either the toilet and shower in that bathroom, maybe our other bathroom?

Is this a common configuration or something that is going to cause me problems? At this point I haven't cut any of the pipes and I'm definitely willing to hire a pro if this project is beyond my ability.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks