I'm lost on plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

drps10

Reaction score
I am going to turn our "one" bathroom into two....It seems originally it was two bathrooms, then someone came along and made it into one big bathroom with a big jetted tub. Neither I nor my wife like the jetted tub. We would like our own bathroom and one for the kids. Size isn't that big, we aren't one of those people that need a enormous bathroom just to take a shower and brush teeth in.

As of right now I know there is a venting issue. When we drain the bathtub (bathing kids) our toilet water level goes down "alot". Now I haven't done any looking into to see if there is a block or anything. The water is never sucked dry from the toilet or sink so there isn't any smells so I really had no ambition to figure out the issue since I was going to redo bathroom anyway.

The vent is in the middle wall.

The brown is the Lav, and the tub will be left hand drain.....
We are going to finish the kids one and then eventually do ours. I at least want a toilet in the non tub side.

So my question is.... What is the layout i would need for this. I can't seem to find the answer (nor do I really know what the answer looks like)

The house is a single story with a fished basement. The drain line is a 3" line running toward the bathroom (i can see a little way under the floor in our laundry room)
It drains to the right >>>>>>>> and the 3" line comes in from there

what I don't understand is how things need to be routed...like can I tie (using a Y) into the WC line and tie (Y) into the the 3" line or does they all need to tie into the 3" line on their own branch?

drps-bath.jpg

petrie

Reaction score
Why not demo it yourself and get a plumber to come in and put in drain/vent/supply lines? You will still save plenty of money putting in your own fixtures, vanties, toilets, bathtub surround, etc. If you were going to tackle it yourself I'd get some good DIY plumbing/bathroom books and start reading. Black and Decker Complete Guide to plumbing is pretty good.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
At the very least, call a plumber to look at what you have and suggest HOW to get what you want. Let him tell you what to demo, then he will install his piping and you can build the walls around it. I am not sure where you are going to find lavs shaped the way those brown things are.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks