Hybrid Water Heater Copper Pipe Support Bracket Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Wren

Reaction score
I'm about to install a Rheem heat pump water heater and the inlet/outlet pipes are on the side instead of on top. From watching a video produced by Rheem, it appears that the best practice is to use copper for the vertical piping and then transfer to PEX near where the pipes meet the wall above the heat exchanger unit. I see a bracket in the video that is used to secure the vertical copper pipe to the side of the water heater. Are these something that is available commercially, or are they supplied with the water heater? I would like to find a source if they don't come with the heater (I don't think they do). I've looked online but haven't been able to come up with anything.
Here's a screenshot of the video:
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502_170731_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502_170731_YouTube.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 166

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Support brackets do not come with water heaters. Just note that when screwed to the tank, only use 1/2" sheet metal screws. Needing to use copper is not necessary. Using PEX all the way is doable as long as the pex is supported.

Wren

Reaction score
I would like to use a bracket even if I were to use PEX all of the way to the nipple. I just can't find brackets in the photo or I'm not looking in the right places. Any ideas?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score

Wren

Reaction score
Any thoughts on attaching to the side of the WH with sheet metal screws? That's the only part that makes me nervous.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks