How to deal with kitchen sink waste in crawlspace

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Randy W, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Randy W

Randy W New Member

The existing 2" galvanized has a few holes in the bottom and has been depositing dishwasher and sink waste under my house. Probably a couple weeks. My plan is to let it dry out for a couple days then replace with ABS. We don't put food down the disposal because of clogging issues before.
    Do I need to be concerned with the food particles under the house since there isn't any poop in it?

Thanks for your help.
    Randy

2. Smooky

Smooky In the Trades

If there is a lot of food debris, I would get it up. If it is just water, don't worry.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Randy W

Randy W New Member

Thanks Smooky. I'll try to scrape it up or something and try to bag it.