How to confirm if carbon filter is working

Users who are viewing this thread

Dwassner

Reaction score
Hello,

I installed a chlorination system about 4 years ago, but most of its life it has not been in operation...

I recently got it working again, but instead of Chlorine, I bought Neutra Sul (I bought this locally, intending to buy H202, and didn't realize this is what they sold me...).

I currently have the Stenner pump set to 1 sec. 98%, and intended to just keep backing this off until I could smell sulfur in the water again.

I would assume the 2.0ppm of iron and (an amount I don't know) of sulfur will be oxidized by the treatment, but how do I confirm that the carbon filter is still pulling the oxidized matter out? I am guessing that since the sulfur is oxidized, even bypassing the carbon filter, it would no longer smell?

Is there a test kit I can use to compare the water pre and post carbon, and if so, what am I actually testing for?

FWIW, these are the specs from the invoice: Backwash Filter Catalytic GAC 2 CF

Thank you for any input.

Dustin

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks