How the water can fill the tank with a Kohler canister flush valve

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Charlie Tian, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Charlie Tian

Charlie Tian New Member

I can't understand how the water hose can fill the tank in a Kohler canister flush valve. Since the water fill hose is inserted to the center stopper hole, the hole is open to the the drain, how on earth the water can get out of the canister to fill the tank?

If the water fill hose is outside the canister and let water directly fill the tank, then it'll be fine. But that's not what it is suppose to be from the instruction.

I searched everywhere and couldn't find the answer, so hopefully someone here can tell me.

Charlie

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The tank fills from the bottom of the fill valve, not from the tube that refills the bowl.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Charlie Tian

Charlie Tian New Member

How? where the water come from to fill the tank from the bottom of the valve?