How much salt should I set my 48k grain softener with clack valve to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

GianniD

Reaction score
I've got a new 48k grain softener with a clack valve that's built by Nelsen Corp. My water had some turbidity, iron and manganese also that I take care of with a Katalox media with AIO filter before going to the softener. I'm pretty new to programing these clack valves and am wondering how many pounds of salt should I be using per generation? The water is 11.09 grains hard. It's a family of four living in this house. Also wondering if I should use the day regeneration cycle also with this head. Basically, should I have the softener do a regen every week even if they don't hit the water usage to make the softener regen by gallons used?

Thoughts?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
A 48K system will typically be programmed for36K with a salt setting of 12 pounds of salt. let the meter do it's job. Set the Day over ride to 28 days.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks