How far should 3 valve system extrude from cement board?

Users who are viewing this thread

DJR

Reaction score
Trying to figure out how far out a 3 valve should protrude out of cement board wall? This is not my setup but similar to the style I'm using. Would this look about right? I can't remember how it was before I removed it after removing wall. I want to say that the valves protruded much farther out than in this picture.
gerber_tub_shower_repair_b.JPG

Last edited:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
This is an amazing lawsuit looking to happen .

The valve does not appear to be pressure or balance type

Most civilized areas have plumbing codes that try to protect people from killing others

This is what happened to her because someone installed a 3 Valve body

Attachments

• CLIENT INJURIES 2.jpg
    CLIENT INJURIES 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 177

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
This is an amazing lawsuit looking to happen .

The valve does not appear to be pressure or balance type

Most civilized areas have plumbing codes that try to protect people from killing others

This is what happened to her because someone installed a 3 Valve body

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Plumbing code for years has required either a pressure balanced valve, or one that regulates temperature. Thermostatic is the work I'm looking for.
We haven't installed three handle valves in decades. Moen makes a nice conversion for that.

tl2368ep_repair_5.jpg

Moen TL2386EP is the trim for the Posi-Temp valve.

tl2368ep_repair_02.jpg

tl2368ep_repair_03.jpg

gibson-03.jpg

If you have the wall open, you should install a new code approved valve though. Anytime I come across a three handle valve with the wall open, it gets recycled and goes in the brass pile.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks