How Can I Drain My Pressure Tank Faster

Users who are viewing this thread

SRADRULES

Reaction score
I Have A Well Rite Wr240r Pressure Tank. I Am Pretty Sure That It Is Water Logged. I Also Believe That The Diaphram Is Ruptured. Im Draining It But It Is Draining Very Slow. What Can I Do To Speed Things Up?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The broken bladder can block the flow out the drain valve. If you are sure the tank is bad, drill a hole in it just above the weld that goes all around it and then another one on top or remove the air valve stem. You get water out the lower one and air in the top one. The water can be very rusty and stain whatever it gets on. I used to take the tank out, drag it to a floor drain and lay it on its side or its top, and drill 3/8" or 1/2" holes letting it drain into a sump pump hole or floor drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks