Hot water tank removed: Need advice on why water continues to drain, not leak, from disconnected hot water tank line BUT only when washer is filling?

Users who are viewing this thread

bettajune

Reaction score
Hot water tank removed for replacement. New 3/4” ball valve replaced but left hanging there unconnected and doesn’t leak. So far so good…

THEN when I turn on the washer with COLD water, it fills normally EXCEPT, water starts running out of the 1/2” pipe which should be for hot water that would be exiting the hot water tank IF there was one connected.

I’m trying to find out if something else is wrong somewhere else before proceeding on with installation of the new hot water heater…. Any scope of help would be certainly appreciated. Thank you so much!

GReynolds929

Reaction score
The washing machine cold is crossing over to the hot side. May be normal may not. Is the washer set to cold only? Rinse and wash?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks