Hot water air bubbles after o3 install

Users who are viewing this thread

MooseMan

Reaction score
I draw water from a lake. Recently, we had a whole house filtration / purification system installed (o3 generator, softener, UV lamp), including an RO system under the sink. Water is amazing.

But immediately after, I started getting air in the hot water line only. After some reading, I flushed the system (there was a lot of old sediment in the tank). Refilled it, and the same. It builds up just enough during the night to spit at you in the morning.

I'm wondering what the causes of this could be. Is it possible some loose oxygen from the o3 system is bonding to parts of the hot water heater and causing a reaction? Maybe this is just a coincidence and something else is to blame?

And if it is loose o3, could this have a long term impact on our copper plumbing?

Thanks in advance!

MooseMan

Reaction score
Here's a picture. I exchanged notes with the installer today. They said this particular unit maintains a contained ozone bubble to prevent escaping to the plumbing. RE: the hot water they suggested I turn it back to 120/125 (I'm probably at 135 or so). This is consistent with something else I read about hot water reacting with the changed water chemistry. I think I'll know in the next day or so if that addresses it.

Attachments

• PXL_20210428_013116478.jpg
    PXL_20210428_013116478.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 108
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks