Hot/Cold Reversed in Shower - How Hard to Fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bustergordon

Reaction score
Hi! I am buying a condo where the hot and cold has been reversed on the shower. The shower fixture is a Kohler. The seller has said that they are not going to be responsible for fixing this, because it requires that they tear out the tile and the drywall to fix. Is this right? I did a bit of research and it seems that a lot of brands are easier to fix (just remove the fixture and reverse the cartridge).

If it helps, this is a new Kohler fixture (it was installed in the last year).

Thanks!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Many of the Kohler are also reversible. If you go to the Kohler website and find your model type, then download the installationsheet for that type of valve. I looked at the RiteTemp pressure balanced and it is reversible. They make a jillion trim kits, so you have to be sure what valve type you have.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks