Homemade faucet with copper pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by nmlaz, Jan 31, 2016.

1. nmlaz

nmlaz New Member

Terry et al,

I am fabricating a simple faucet from copper pipe in a rustic bathroom remodel. I have a handwheel style stop for the hot and cold. I did this because I thought ball valves would be too easy to turn on full, so I thought I could control flow better this way.

My real question is, both valves meet at a "T" and then proceed to the faucet. I am worried that hot and cold will not mix properly. Is this assumption wrong? If so how can I run the lines to the faucet so they will mix properly?
    I am using all 1/2" copper.

Thanks for the help,
    Nick

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    That's pretty much how a two handle valve works. The tubing goes to a tee, which feeds the spout.
    And yes, the ball valves can go on pretty quickly.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. nmlaz

nmlaz New Member

Ok, thanks! I guess I was over thinking it. Seemed to me the higher pressure line would hold back the lower one, and not allow mixing.
    I appreciate the feedback.

Nick