High quality hose bib

Users who are viewing this thread

Lifespeed

Reaction score
Wall faucet, hose bib, sillcock or hydrant, lots of different names for the same item. I used to use the Woodford 101CP with integrated vacuum breaker. Not that I really need that feature. After I replaced a couple due to the vacuum breaker leaking (yes, I know about the rebuild kit that costs almost as much as the faucet) I decided I was done with that brand, despite liking the adjustability of the acme screw mechanism driving the washer.

Then I went with a Zurn Z1341XL-P34-3/4" NPT-F, and within two months the plastic handle (yes plastic for a $60 "light commercial" faucet) broke off. I'm not impressed.

I also tried a cheap Arrowhead Brass faucet, but it was impossible to modulate at low flow. These are used for irrigation around the yard, so being able to set it at a low level, and have it stay at the set point is important. These Arrowhead Brass faucets would actually start at low flow, than 20 minutes later be down to a trickle. They actually changed over time. Sheesh!

Can anybody recommend a good quality lead-free brass, high-flow 3/4" NPT-M or NPT-F faucet that doesn't require maintenance every couple years? This is just a single family home, they aren't being heavily used or abused. I'm not looking for 1/4 turn ball valves as the noise at part flow is insane, screaming through the entire house plumbing system (1" main feeding 3/4" hose bib circuit type L copper 8 years old, regulated to 50psi with hammer arrestors at the hose bibs). I prefer traditional rebuild-able washer type for control at low and mid flow without screaming plumbing.

Is this really that hard?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks