Help with sprinkler pump and main line for irrigation

Users who are viewing this thread

rideauriver

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I entrusted one of the most recommended irrigation spe******ts in my area to install a complete system which would use the river behind my house as a water source. He installed a 1.5 FloTec centrifugal pump that sits 4ft above the water table and uses 1.25 " pipe in the inlet (pump made for 2.5" inlet) and 1" pipe at the discharge side (pump is made for 2"). The main line is 1" throughout 3/4 acre property with 6 zones and 5 large Rainbird sprinklers RB5000 at the biggest zone. The zone farthest from the pump is not getting enough water (or pressure??) and contractor tells me wrong pump...has to be replaced. I originally purchased pump on my own and he OK'd it....any opinions as to the setup or how to handle this situation? I am stressed out of my body for the last couple of days. Thank you for reading and I appreciate any help on this. He's installed a pressurized 20Gal tank with pres.switch and I've read that this is incompatible with centrifugal pumps (will cause damage from on/off cycling)

He said there would be no additions to my estimate and now wants additional $1000.00 for the new pump. There's 20ft total elevation difference and biggest zone needs about 15 GPM at 400feet from pump.

How do I handle this? The contractor hasn't been paid and coming in 2 days with his newly ordered 2HP Goulds pump.

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any help on this.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks