help with laundry tub, washer hookup

Users who are viewing this thread

mikem098

Reaction score
I have added a utility room and garage onto my ranch house and am running plumbing out to it for a laundry tub in garage and washer hookup in utility room.

I wish to use the sink immediately and washer is a future possibility but needed now since a sub floor will be built over concrete slab and walls will be drywalled and now is time to run plumbing, etc.
Drawings attached of addition and dimensions along with your drawing of a similar hookup.

I just ran 2" pvc out from end of main 3" drain line from my house via reducer and 45's to top of concrete slab. I will extend this to my garage wall but not sure how to connect for both devices within the 6" wall studs. I'm limited by 18" height in garage for laundry tub and can't afford to make the tub much higher and can't lower the 2" run as its needed for proper slope across slab to house.

Can I simply use a sanitary T with straight run to sink on garage side of wall and connector up wall to hook laundry tub to and possible venting? A wye seems too wide for 5 1/2" space. Both solutions wouldn't give me a cleanout option and my concern is laundry drainage going out into laundry tub pipe due to closeness of pipes is using the T.

Any suggestions on connection to use and if venting is absolutely needed?

Thank you!!!!

Attachments

• garageimages2.zip
    95.4 KB · Views: 328

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I hope you see the file that Terry attached to you question. There can't be a simpler illustration of what you need to do to make a proper installation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks