Help wiring thermostat

Users who are viewing this thread

Kern Darby

Reaction score
First time working on a 2 stage geothermal unit, already blew a transformer, don't want to blow another...

Primary line has R,C,G,Y1,W1
Secondary Has one Red wire running to a separate section of the geothermal as seen in bottom pic, assuming this is the auxiliary?

This is the best I can figure, what do you think?

IMG_0460.JPG

Stuff

Reaction score
Those look like line voltage terminals on the bottom left picture. Find the manual and don't guess.

Kern Darby

Reaction score
Those look like line voltage terminals on the bottom left picture. Find the manual and don't guess.
Thank you, I have since checked and you are correct the red wire at the bottom left is a 24v, that being said, which terminal should it connect to on the thermostat base plate ?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
The "o" wire is for the reversing valve on a heat pump.

Here is a basic diagram for single stage cool/heat I added the C wire to it. W2 , not shown here, would be for a second heating unit and y2 for a second cooling unit.

index.php

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks