Electrical Trouble with Bryant furnace

Users who are viewing this thread

LA1

Reaction score
Had a power surge. Its a Bryant 310A. The fuse was blown FU1 on the PCB, which might be for 24vac?, installed another, applied power and the LED blinked about 3 times and the fuse blew again. disconnected everything from the PCB. Removed the blown fuse and checked across the contacts no short. Checked all the diodes, caps on the PCB none shorted. Going to connect the PCB to a load lamp and see if the lamp is dimm or bright. for right now I have to questions about different devices attached to the PCB. I have a question about BLVM the blower motor bottom left. I assume that the blower motor runs off of 120vac? how could i start the motor for a test? the white wire is common. do i applt 120vac to blue or red and is spare not connected to anything? by using blue or red the motor would be at different speeds?
The Gass valve GV. If i put my positive tip in the connector for the blue wire and the negative tip in the connector at the green/yellow . would that forward bias the top diode on the left and through the coil forward bias the bottom right diode? I am getting an open with my meter on diode test. which probably for now is ok since it is not a short.
Oh yeah I had to replace the transformer, the primary had an open.

BLOWER MOTOR.JPG

Fitter30

Reaction score
3 amp fuse is only for 24vac. Disconnect the thermostat. Install new fuse, do not install a higher amp fuse. With jumper wire jump ( blower door switch has to be depressed)
R to G fan should run
R to W heat should come on
R to Y condenser should run, blower will not run disconnect jumper after unit comes on.
If everything comes on replace thermostat.
To run cooling longer R-G-Y need to be jumped together
With thermostat wires disconnected at furnace and sub base ohm out wires between each of them and to ground. Testing for shorts and grounds.
Here's the manual.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks