Help me verify the settings for a Fleck 5600sxt 48,000 grain in San Antonio

Users who are viewing this thread

Tanya1017

Reaction score
I currently have a Fleck 5600sxt 48,000 capacity system with a city water hardness of 20gpg. I was recently advised to regenerate 12-15 lbs of salt per cycle since my current settings currently leave hard water spots on my dishes, faucets, and showers. This number seems very high. I currently have a RC setting of 240, which may be accurate for a family of 5. Can I please get some one else's recommended settings so that I can compare them when I get home today?

Reach4

Reaction score
If you can rinse the spots off with water, those are not hard spots. Softening replaces hard calcium and magnesium with sodium salts, but that still leaves a spot when it dries. For your fancy glassware or eyeglasses, you could spray distilled water after rinsing with tap water. A gallon is often less than a dollar, and it can last a long time.

Usually people use 60 gallons per day per person for reserve gallons calculation, but you could watch your numbers decrease on the display for several days and adjust that RC if you think it is appropriate. Note that if you are planning for visitors tomorrow, and your count is down, you might schedule an early regen tonight by poking the extra cycle button. That will cause the "service icon" (faucet icon) to flash, telling you that it has scheduled a cycle to happen tonight.

But here is what you asked for, presuming a 0.5 gpm DLFC and using 8 pounds per cubic ft of resin:

System info (not programmed)
salt lb/cuft = 8 ; A choice ( efficiency vs capacity)
BLFC = 0.5 ; Brine Refill rate GPM
cubic ft resin = 1.5 ; ft3 resin = (nominal grains)/32,000
Raw hardness = 22 ; including any compensation
People = 5 ; gallons affects reserve calc
Estimated gal/day = 300 ; 60 gal per person typical calc
Estimated days/regen = 5.5 ; Computed days ignoring reserve

Fleck 5600SXT Settings:
DF = Gal ; Units
VT = dF1b ; Downflw/Upflw, Single Backwash
CT = Fd ; Meter Delayed regen trigger
NT = 1 ; Number of tanks
C = 36.0 ; capacity in 1000 grains
H = 22 ; Hardness-- compensate if needed
RS = rc ; rc says use gallons vs percent
RC = 300 ; Reserve capacity gallons
DO = 28 ; Day Override; Can make 28 for city water
RT = 2:00 ; Regen time (default 2 AM)
BW = 5 ; Backwash (minutes)
Bd = 60 ; Brine draw minutes
RR = 5 ; Rapid Rinse minutes
BF = 8 ; Brine fill minutes
FM = usually t0.7 but could be P0.7; flow meter, make note of what is there
(FM: http://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?attachments/img_fleck5600sxt_flow-png.31592/)

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I am thinking about the transition. These are one-time things:
  1. Note the number of gallons remaining on the display (alternates with time) before making the changes. If after making the changes, the number increases more than 180, I would trigger a regen to happen tonight or soon. Let us know if that increase in number happened, an what the two numbers were.
  2. If you increase the BF from 6 to 8, pour an extra gallon of water into the brine tank. That is because the next regen happened with the old fill amount, but thereafter the new numbers will take over.